Saturday, December 26, 2009

A CHOIRED TASTE

My wife and mother both sing in our church choir. Mom sits with the 
sopranos and my wife sits with the altos. As a heathen who only 
attends mass on holidays, I usually just sit nearby so I can 
appreciate the music. Of course last night the small choir was singing 
Christmas music. Now, I can carry a tune okay but I don't know all the 
words. Like several others near me, I was merely mumbling and humming 
my way through the additional obscure verses of each song. A 
disturbing thought suddenly occurred to me. If we choral outcasts are 
allowed to sit apart from the choir and not actually singing the 
words, does this mean the Catholic Church is finally willing to 
embrace those of us in the hummy sectional community?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home